12 February 2011

Maybe I should become a pirate.

I just got done reading my good friend's blog post about world travel (you can read it here) and it made me think about my own desires for world travel. I mean, it has always been my dream to see every country in the world, but that's quite an extravagant dream to have. It's just interesting to me when people talk about world travel and all these places they want to go and see, they only ever think of the biggest, head-lining cities...and in my experience it has been the smaller places that have touched me the most. One of my favorite places in all of Spain so far has been the small town of Labastida in the Rioja. The 360 degree views of the wine fields and small communities was absolutely breathtaking!
Maybe that's just a personal thing for me though, I'm not much of a city person...something I realize more and more everyday here in Granada. When I think about the places I've been and all of my favorite parts involve a more natural setting. In Barcelona it was the lookout point from Park Güell, where there is a view for miles and miles and here in Granada it is the hills above my apartment that are lush and green and view the city as well as the Sierra Nevada's.
When I think about all the places I want to visit here in Spain and in Europe in general, it starts to feel pretty overwhelming and makes me a little sad that I really don't have as much time as it seems. Of course, if I didn't have to attend classes, I could travel all over the place, but that's not the case. It starts to become a saddening thought that I have such an amazing opportunity before me and access to places that most people never get to see and as always there are complications in taking full advantage of it. Who knows when I will be able to get back to Europe and have enough funds to travel throughout the countries.
The future constantly stares at me and makes me scared that my worldly dreams are not obtainable.

Hasta Luego.