03 July 2008

Ranchers Reserve

Looks like my stay at the "Summer Home" has been extended. In fact, this place will be my home for the rest of the summer. My boss got some horrible news a week ago; her best friend was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and only has two weeks to two months to live. So my boss will be trying to spend as much time as she can with her this summer and I will do my part by staying with the dogs. Its almost been three weeks out here and everyday seems the same, but different. I wake up to the same hairy faces at the same unreasonable hour and we walk the same routes. The dogs eat the same food at the same time as the day before. But I find solace in the changes of the sunrise and the different flowers I see bloom. Changes in the winds and the patterns of the lakes. Nature brings a constant aire of change and rejuvenation. I want to leave you with some pictures of my summer home landscape and a few of our coyote "friend" (he's hard to see, but he's in the last three).






No comments: