12 March 2010

Long time gone.

Well it seems fairly obvious that blogging has not been on my list of things to do, but my very good friend Hannah has taken up the past time (http://talesfromatimeout.blogspot.com/) and I feel inspired to start again. At least for a little while.

Lately I've been very preoccupied with the future and that bothers me. I look at so many people around me and they have career goals and already know what they want for their lives 5...10...50 years from now. I hardly know what I want to eat for supper tonight! I really admire those who know what job they want and know how they are gonna make it work, that takes a lot of time and effort. I'm also extremely jealous sometimes when I have friends who are so determined to get where they want, ambition is so...sexy or something.
It just seems as though all of them know what their purpose is already and here I am without any idea who I am or what I will be come. But isn't there beauty in that too? As jealous as I can become or as much as I admire others, I'm so happy with where I am in my life. I don't need to know where I'm going to know that wherever I end up it will be perfect. What's that quote, "It's not the destination, but the journey that matters", something along those lines. Sure I have an idea of a few things I want to do or accomplish with my life like traveling the world, learning languages and having a family, so I don't really feel like I need much else. Maybe my lack of ambition is disappointing to some, but who cares about them anyway?
I don't think I would rather be anyone else than a confused little girl or be anywhere else than utterly and completely lost.

1 comment:

Hannah, Here! said...

Yay! I'm your inspriation. I love you.